Well, I am certainly learning a bunch trying to get this blog going...mostly that I hadn't thought very much about how it was actually going to work or how to really set up a functional blog with multiple posters. I am still trying to work out some of the details, which has caused me to realize there is much to learn!
Some things I have learned to help it things go smoothly for all of us:
Please give your post a title and include your name in it at the end in parenthesis (ie "[post name here] (Carole)." This serves a couple of important purposes - it will help the reader know right away whose photos they are looking at; and it will also help in searching the archives for particular 'adventures'.
Since this is a blog about photography, post your photos at large or extra large size. How to do this: after you have uploaded a photog, click on it. A menu should pop-up either at the top or bottom of the photo. One of the options includes posting size: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large. I posted my first photos at 'Extra Large'.
There is also a "Caption" option in the photog menu - please use that option to write about your photos. From what I can tell, it 'links' the caption to the photo and therefore keeps them together, no matter what other formatting might go on. If you could please use the 'caption' option, I think it will make my job easier.
At the bottom of the 'New Post' page where you are writing your post, there should be a 'Labels' window. Please enter any relevant terms for the photos you are posting: assignment 1, flowers, Carole, nature, etc. Again, it will help if someone wants to go searching for something someone posted sometime ago. (Some of this experience is from my scrapbooking life - it is no fun having unlabeled photos or to go looking for photos you know you have (or have seen) and can't find. We have the oportunity to avoid that scenario as we start out here in the digital world!)
On an other note, please think about other things we could post that might be of interest to photographers. I thought I would work on a "term" dictionary for those who are jsut getting started. Also, if you know of a other good photo blogs, I can figure out a way to get links on here, so others could go look at them.
Soooo, on to our first adventure...
One of the things we talked about when considering starting a family photo blog was having monthly 'adventures' that we could use as an idea or theme to consider when taking photos. We would each post 3-4 photos using the theme. Seeing how each photogapher approached the assignment should (supposedly!) help us as we strive to become better photographers. I would love for someone to be thinking about photo adventure# 2, which will take place during the month of July.
Family Photog Adventure #1
I have put a lot of thought about what would be an interesting, wide-open theme we could use for our first photo venture together. I wanted something not too literal (puppies! kitties!) and something that didn't unduly restrict our creative vision. I think (how 'bout this? how 'bout this? how 'bout this?) repetition would be a great theme.
Since this is thing is just starting up, I think giving ourselves until the end of June to complete this assignment would be a good thing. It will give up the opportunity to see how posting works and get those kinks worked out. After that, we will have a monthly theme. Somebody be thinking of something!
Of course, feel free to post any additional photos of things you are working on should you be so moved.
More later,
Carole
No comments:
Post a Comment